Sunday, November 29

Thanksgiving

Drew and I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, and we were so happy to be able to spend it with the Zeigler side of our family!  Holidays always make me realize how far we are from family, which I hate, but it was nice to have Drew's side here! 

Drew and I are truly blessed and really have so much to be thankful for!  We are so excited to become parents and can't wait to start that wonderful blessing that God has given us!  We are both healthy!  We have supportive loving families!  We both have good, secure jobs!  We have a beautiful home that we are enjoying making our own!  I could go on and on, but you get the idea!  We are blessed beyond belief!

On Wed. we had a baby shower for Chelsie and Tim, complete with shower games and gifts.  It was only the 6 of us, but with Chelsie going out to Vegas for the birth we thought it would be the best way to celebrate with her and Tim together.  It was great fun and we even got the guys to play the shower games!  We were shocked that Grandma Raine, Grandpa Doug, and Aunt Connie even sent us several adorable outfits, bibs, and blankets for our little baby Z!  They are so sweet and thoughtful!

On Thursday we had a "We love Tim" day so we could celebrate him and all he does for our country as he prepares to go serve.  We all dressed in camo and had camo decorations everywhere.  We hope he was able to see how much we love him through it all.

We had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday as well: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and rolls.  I've now successfully prepared 2 great Thanksgiving dinners in our house!  I couldn't have done it without the help of Laurie and Chelsie!  We make a great team!

Which leads me to how wonderful my inlaws are!  While they were here they put up the railing on our steps, hung a shelf that had fallen down in my closet, put up a decoartive shelf in the upstairs hallway, and the big one: took down all the wallpaper in the room that will be the baby's!  Holy cow they were busy!  I have awesome inlaws!  Everytime I looked into the room that will be the nursey I got flustered, because I had no idea how I would get all that stupid horse wallpaper down, and now it's all taken care of!!  I am one happy girl!  Mom and Dad, I guess you guys are in charge of helping me paint the room now, haha!

My next doctor's appt. is this coming Thursday where they will look at the cyst they found during the last ultrasound a little more.  (You can see it in the ultrasound picture below.  It's the large black spot on the left side of the picture.)  I am sure they will say everything will be fine with it, but it will be nice to hear those words from a doctor.  I'm comforted by the fact that God has a perfect and wonderful plan for my life, so I'm trying to not to worry about it.  Say an extra prayer for it all if you would though!  I'll keep you posted on how that appointment goes.

Happy Thanksgiving and Love to All!
Keep praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy and baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, no horse wallpaper anymore?! I won't feel at home when I come visit now... ha.

Ashley said...

It is all gone... I'll let you know what I want you to paint on the walls instead, Kerry! :-)