Baby's now the size of a raspberry!
"Baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs, and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy."
Well my appointment went very well yesterday. I met with the prenatal nurse, Lori, who is very sweet and is the one that will do our childbirth classes. She confirmed my pregnancy while saying she was sure I had done this numerous times with home tests anyway... maybe...She also asked me numerous times if I had any questions, which was nice. She gave me lots of information on the hospital I will deliver at, Good Samaritan, as well as dos and don'ts, resources for me, and forms to fill out for my next appointment. Normally at this visit I would meet with the office manager so she can go over my particular insurance policy, which would be very helpful, but my insurance carrier is changing Dec. 1 so I just talked to her briefly about general billing/insurance questions. She will meet with me at my December appointment when I am on my new insurance.
Now for the exciting part: I got to schedule my next appointment! That appointment will be for an ultrasound (yay!), blood tests, and other "fun" things that I won't mention here. I get to go in for that next Tuesday! It was the only slot available for the next 3 weeks, and it just happens to be the only day that Drew would be able to come! Needless to say I was very excited... until I got home and realized it was the day before a holiday (we are off school Wed-Fri. for Thanksgiving) and personal days are not approved for a day before or after a holiday. I was bummed! After talking with one of my coworkers and mom, I decided I would call the superintendent the next morning to see what he would recommend. I am so glad I did! He was very understanding and told me I had permission to put it in as a 1/2 sick day since I will be at the doctor. So, my appointment is next Tuesday the 24th at 2pm. I can't wait!!
I'm feeling good and am enjoying pregnancy!
Keep praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy and baby!


2 comments:
Daniel's mom works at Good Sam with the babies, maybe you'll have her take care of you!
That would be great! We are so excited to be delivering there! We have heard and seen so many great things about Good Sam!
Post a Comment