Thursday, June 24

Progress

I had a doctor's appointment tonight and everything went very well.  Breanna's heartbeat was good: 137 bpm.  This is my third internal check and it was by the last of the 3 doctors at the practice (I rotate each visit).  She reacted the same as the other two doctors upon starting the check.  Her eyes got really big, and she said "wow, she is really low!"  I laughed and said that I didn't want to get my hopes up because everyone tells me that they were told the same thing and then ended up going long overdue.  She said she meant Breanna was really low.  In fact, she said it was hard to tell how dilated I was at first because she had to "work around the head."  Not sure if it will truly be an indication of when she'll come, but it's encouraging!  I am 1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced, so that is some progress from last time.  The doctor said she truly thinks she'll be here by my due date, so we'll see!  She did go ahead and schedule me for an induction on July 13th just in case I haven't delivered by then.  I would be 41 weeks at that point, and this practice doesn't like for you to go beyond that.  She said she would bet I won't need it though.  My next appointment is next Friday, July 2.

Keep praying for a healthy baby and a safe delivery!

1 comments:

Laurie said...

I can't wait to meet our beautiful girl!