I had a great doctor's visit this morning. Breanna is doing great! Nice strong heartbeat again and positioned well. In fact, as the doctor started my exam she exclaimed, "wow, she is really, really low! Like right there low." She then predicted that I would get to meet her by my due date at the latest and said there is no way it would be anything other than a vaginal delivery. She said there's no way she wasn't coming out that way when she was already that low. That was great to hear! My dilation hasn't changed since last week, but she said I am effacing (thining) very nicely. I was able to ask her my questions, which helped ease some fears. Most of my questions were about Group B Strep, because I apparently have it. (FYI, It is not at all related to the strep you get in your throat.) It's a bacteria from you intestinal tract that lots of women have and it means I will have to receive an IV of penicillin during labor so Breanna doesn't get it. She said the IV is really the only change it will make to my labor, which is good. I've heard some people are given more strict time restraints to have the baby, etc. because of it, so it was great to talk to her about all of that. Overall, I'm feeling really great and I'm ready to meet Breanna! I can't wait for her to come and start the next phase of our lives.
Keep praying for a healthy and happy baby girl as well as a safe delivery!
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago

2 comments:
So glad to hear things are going well! Your due date is so soon and I'm so excited for you!! Enjoy these last couple weeks. :)
Woooo I love the new pic with that sassy summer haircut!! :-)
Post a Comment