It's been awhile since I've updated you all! Sorry about the absence, but I got really sick on Tuesday after work. I caught the stomach bug that has been going around. Now that I'm feeling better I can tell you that it really had me worried at first because I was afraid my sudden womitting was due to a leak in my cyst. It was one of the symptoms that the doctor had told me to watch for, so after a couple hours of getting sick I decided to call the doctor. I felt a little silly because clearly I'm not the only pregnant woman to vomit before, but it was so sudden and severe. I kept thinking, "Who cares if you feel silly calling, if this is a problem and something happens to the baby you would never be able to forgive myself." When I talked to the nurse she asked me a few questions and then went to talk with the doctor. She gave me a few symptoms to watch for that would indicate it was the stomach bug. She told me if I started to experience pain in my abdomen or lower back to go straight to the emergency room because that would be the cyst. And last, she told me that if nothing changed by morning to come in to the office so they could look at everything. Thankfully after about 2 hours of getting off the phone with the nurse I started getting 2 of the other symptoms that pointed to a stomach bug. It sounds stupid to say that I was glad to have more symptoms on top of the vomitting, but it really was comforting. By that night I had no question as to what I had! I called in sick the next day and rested, which was great! And then on top of that we had 2 snow days to round out the week! I couldn't have asked for a better time to get sick, and I'm feeling great right now. So apparently I don't get bad pregnancy symptoms but I sure know how to get sick with other things during pregnancy. On the plus side, my baby is going to have antibodies to this flu and H1N1. Haha. I must say this didn't help me start gaining weight! I guess I better get to that now... anyone want to go get a milkshake with me??
Before that was new years and my family came up to visit and celebrate. We had a great time! My nephew is about 15 months old and it was fun to see him running around and playing with everything. Boy will we have a lot to baby proof though!! I guess we have some time before all that, thankfully. My sister brought me lots of good books, including one for Drew. She also brought some cute maternity clothes that I can't wait to wear, they are mostly spring and summer. The two most exciting things she brought though (besides herself and her family) was a cradle that my grandfather built and has been used by many family members. It will be great to have it in our room for the first couple weeks, and I love that it is special and has such great memories and stories to go with it! I'll post pictures soon. She also brought a doppler! I got to listen to baby's heartbeat more than once. It was great! It was also the first time Drew has actually heard it! Baby was going at 160 BPM. It was great to hear such a strong, healthy heartbeat! I could do that for hours! I love spending time with family and hope to be able to see them again soon!
So now I am 2 days away from being 15 weeks into this pregnancy and I can't believe it! It is flying by and that kind of scares me a little. I really would like to start thinking about what to do in the baby's room. We are torn between buying new furniture or using what we have. We obviously will need to get a crib, but other than that we could potentially make due with what we have. We could paint the furniture we have or try to match a crib to the wood color it is now. Would I love to have a brand new beautiful nursery to bring my baby home to, of course! But I don't want to get all new furniture that is going to get scratched and dented from a toddler playing in his/her own room and have to buy new later anyway. Any thoughts/suggestions, and/or things that worked for you?
My next ultrasound is Thursday the 14th. They will mostly be looking at my cyst, but I hope to get a glimpse at my little one as well. Keep saying a prayer for a smaller or no longer there cyst! I'll keep you posted on what happens.
Keep praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy and baby!
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago

1 comments:
I bought all new furniture for Baby Jag- but I had some justification. The crib is convertable and goes up to a full size bed (i.e. using for MANY years) and the dresser can be used as a changing table for the first years and then just as a dresser as he grows. I figured, if I spend more now, its less down the road :-) Grandparents will also be willing to help- my MIL is just excited to be included that instead of buying us a bunch of little things, we asked her to just help with some big purchases. You will decide whats important to you- if you skimp here, spurlge there, you will be happy! Oh, and check Pottery Barn Kids for bedding- very reasonable and ADORABLE stuff! So much better quality than Babies R' US. We have the Baby Boats and I am crazy about it!
Post a Comment