Friday, January 22

feeling good

Our beautiful new crib arrived and is now fully assembled.  It wasn't difficult and it only took me 1.5 hours.  I love it, and I can't wait to get bedding to go in it (and a baby)!  Here's a picture:



It's been a quick couple of weeks and I can't believe I'm nearing the 20 week mark.  We celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary on January 20th.  It is a bit strange to think that it is the last one without having to secure a babysitter to go out and celebrate.  Once I realized that, I decided we needed to do something extra special.  We haven't decided what that will be yet though, haha.  Any suggestions?

I have a doctor's appt. this coming Thursday and will get to schedule our big appointment for 2 weeks after that!  The time is flying by!!  It will be so neat to know whether it is a boy or girl because I truly have no guesss either way.  What do you think?  It will also be nice to start talking about names.  Drew refuses to discuss it until after we know.  This coming appointment is a pretty uneventful one.  I go in, pee in a cup, get weighed, hear the heartbeat, and I'm out the door.  I do have some questions for the doctor though, so it will be nice to get some more of those answered.  It seems like the second you walk out the door you think of 5 new ones you now have.

So, I know this is going to sound silly being only about 17 weeks and all, but everytime I think about giving birth I feel incredibly nervous and a bit terrified.  I even had a dream last night about a family member having a baby, and I woke up in a panic!  I've had quite a few people around me that have very recently had a baby, and when I think about what must be going through your head when it all begins and how you must feel I get completely panicked and have to start thinking about something else.  Will that get any better, or just get worse the closer to it I get?  Yikes!

Keep praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy and baby!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful crib!!!

And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! You definitely must celebrate it!

Sallie said...

I thought the same thing at 20ish weeks- God has a better plan :-) You are so uncomfortable at this point (I am 38.5 weeks) that you are not worried as much about labor- more just being unpregnant and meeting your baby! I think the restless nights, pains, aches and swollen limbs are all God's way of making you less fearful of delivery! At least that's the take I am focusing on!!!

Ashley said...

Glad to hear... well, not the uncomfortable part! I can't believe you are so close!!!