I went to the doctor for a checkup on Thursday and all is well! I got to meet the last of the 3 OB's at my practice and loved her. She was so genuine and friendly, but was also very helpful and had lots of good information for me. She told me if I had a boy with red hair she would have to keep him, haha! Apparently she always wanted one, so now she loves on the ones she delivers just a little extra. I am so happy that I really like all three of the doctors because any one of them could deliver our baby. I knew I liked the one I was seeing before pregnancy but had never met the other 2. Now ironically, my regular doctor is the only one I haven't been too yet.
The doctor answered all my questions first, which was nice, especially since some of them were a bit premature for my stage in pregnancy, haha. If I don't ask all the questions I come up with now though, I'm afraid I'll have a list of questions 50 long at my last couple appointments. After that I listened to the heartbeat, which never gets old! The doctor said even doing that several times a day for other women, it still doesn't get old for her either! The heartrate was 132, which is good and strong. She also looked at my belly and said I seem to be growing right on target, which was nice to hear. They were also happy to see that I've gained 4.5 pounds above my prepregnancy weight. I never thought I would hear multiple people so excited about my weight gain, haha! I'm glad all of my hard work paid off! Drew and I switched to 2% milk (Drew is exstatic), I've been drinking a vitamin breakfast drink in the morning with my food, and I started adding an extra snack in my evenings (always healthy of course, haha!). My next appointment is my big anatomy scan ultrasound! It will be Feb. 18. I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! And with my birthday being the day before it will be a fun birthday present!
I truly am loving being pregnant! I actually had someone ask me if I was pregnant the other day, which surprised me! I guess I actually look pregnant enough that people feel comfortable asking without being afraid I could just be fat. Ask me again if I'm still loving this in a couple months and my answer may be different, but I'll take it for now!
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment