Saturday, November 13

Sleep Update

So Breanna has been sleeping in her crib all week for naps and bed now.  It has been a week of highs and lows.  One night she would wake only once, the next night she's up 2-3 times.  I think she is finally getting used to the crib though.  The last two nights she has only gotten up once to eat, and then she has gone right back to bed.  She is still being swaddled, which I think helps her feel more secure.  Hopefully we are done with the inconsistent night sleep, and she will be back to her normal routine.  Naps have been pretty consistent.  Unfortunately they are all a consistent 35-45 minutes long.  I'm trying some of Elizabeth Pantley's tips from The No Cry Nap Solution found here.  So far they are producing mixed results, so I'm going to keep at it for a little longer.  She has a whole section on how to help catnappers.  Hopefully I can help her sleep longer.  My whole goal is just to have a healthy sleeper.  I want her to get the rest she needs so she can be refreshed and able to take in as much as possible during her awake times.  I can't quite seem to get her to stretch out her nap time yet, but I have been successful in getting Breanna to settle herself down and fall asleep without me rocking, shushing, or holding.  An early Christmas present sound machine has helped with this.  This is a pretty big success, so eventhough some of the other areas are works in progress, I'm going to celebrate what we've got! 

Here are two photos of Breanna at 1 week old in my favorite way she used to sleep:

(Ignore the sleep deprived looking mommy in the photo!)

Keep praying for healthy sleep habits!

0 comments: