School was closed Tuesday because of all the snow we got, and I think Baby Z was doing a snow dance yesterday to ensure we were off today too! The baby was moving all over the place! I loved every minute of it, but I was sad Drew was not there to feel it. It was the first time you could actually feel the baby moving from the outside with your hand. At one point I could actually see my belly "jump." After it stopped I went to get ready for the day, and while I was showering the baby started up again! Everytime I would put my belly under the water I would feel tons of movement! I can't wait for the baby to be this active all the time and have Drew be able to experience it as well, although he says he doesn't really care to feel it. Haha, I think he's a little creeped out by it! I have to say, it is a strange experience, and it even took me some time to get used to feeling the baby.
I've been feeling great lately! Other than the occasional kicks and movements there are times when I even forget I'm pregnant. I have been having lots of crazy dreams lately though, which they say happens to a lot of pregnant women. Most of them have made me realize that I still have a fear that something will go wrong or happen to the baby. Not having control over something so big in my life is a little scary, but calming at the same time. There's no choice but to put all your trust in God!
My appetite is way up, so I'm sure the whole weight gain issue is going to be a non-issue anymore, haha! I haven't really had any cravings to speak of, but I do like all of my food to have a lot more flavor and/or seasoning than it used to. I've also been more interested in sweets than normal. I used to gravitate more towards salty foods, but have lately been always grabbing the sweeter ones.
Drew and I are supposed to be going on a mini vacation this weekend to Amish country and staying in an Inn as kind of last romantic anniversary weekend without having to find a sitter. The area we are going to is a couple hours north of us, and they got twice the amount of snow we did... which is a lot! So, hopefully we have seen the last of the winter storm and the roads will be all cleared for us to go.
That trip will be Friday night through Monday (we're both off for President's Day) and then Thursday we go for our big ultrasound! It is right around the corner, but can't come fast enough! I can't wait to get another peek at baby!
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago

1 comments:
Awwww Ashley, you're just precious and I love your updates! That must be such an amazingly crazy feeling to know that the little baby is moving around so much! I am so happy for you all!
Enjoy every minute of your romantic weekend! I know it will be great!!
Love and miss you!
Post a Comment