Sunday, February 21

Name Game

I have no idea how we are going to agree on a name!!  We have such different tastes, so we barely agree on anything!  A wonderful friend from work has let me borrow a few baby name books and out of the thousands of names in them we still can't find common ground.  Part of the problem is that we both have a top favorite name that the other doesn't like.  For those that have children or have chosen names for an expected little one, how in the world did you agree?

Question for all: What do you think about giving the baby the same name as a really good friend?  I won't say which name we both like, but it is the same name as a really good friend that will probably be around the baby a decent amount.  Would that be weird?  What do you think?

When we do finally pick a name we will let people know, but I have a feeling this could take a while!

Keep praying for a healthy and happy baby girl and pregnancy!

3 comments:

charryse said...

My husband has this thing about names. He doesn't want to name our kids any name that someone we know has, whether a positive or negative opinion of them is held. I kinda like this idea. Although I didn't fully at first. Some names of people we know are ones that we may not be around in a few years and then it would be no big deal if they have the same name. But I think picking a name may just be one of the toughest things out there. You should both start lists of names you really like, are okay on, and ones you can't stand. I know with our first my husband finally said you have complete pick and I just couldn't do it. I had 2 names I really liked and we ended up picking one I had never even thought of. I think another thing that ruins name picking is being a teacher. Some names just bring so many crazy memories. You can always bounce ideas off of people. Good luck in your search! We have one on our hands to deal with as well. I feel your pain. :o)

Lauren said...

Ashley-

If you want to name the baby Lauren, it's completely fine with me! I mean I am a pretty fantastic friend and I plan on being around that baby more than you can imagine! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am completely okay if you want to bless your little girl with my name! Haha! :)

Breanna said...

I agree with Lauren. Having twin names with your baby would be awesome!