Baby girl is now the length of a banana!
"Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, if baby is a girl, her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth)."
I'm doing well. I'm excited to start really planning for baby now that we know it's a girl. I am starting to have trouble sleeping comfortably at night, yikes it seems early for that! I find myself flipping from side to side all throughout the night. I miss sleeping on my belly and back! I tried putting a pillow between my knees to get more comfortable, but it makes my leg fall asleep, haha.
I'm looking forward to going to the doctor this Thursday. This appt. is not an ultrasound, but I have many questions for the doctor! I'll be honest, I'm a bit worried about this whole shorter cervix thing. I will have an ultrasound the following week to look at my cervix again and make future plans from there. Basically prayers that there is no change in length and that I will carry this baby to full term are my big prayers right now. Any that you can give would be greatly appreciated! It's scary to know that something so big is out of your control! It doesn't help my fears to have pregnancy hormones making me more emotional than normal running through me right now, haha! Hopefully the doctor can reassure my fears!
Keep praying for a healthy and happy baby girl and pregnancy!

2 comments:
Hey girl. I have found that I am comforted in my pregnancy mishaps by going on the message boards at places like "the bump" and reading stories about how people have had similar experiences and had healthy babies. Tim laughed at me at first but I go on at least one high risk board a day and talk to people about my concerns and worries and help support others going through the same thing. It has really helped me relax and take it more in stride. It is also a wealth of information for me on what other doctors do which has helped me ask a lot of questions to my doctors that have steered the course of my pregnancy. This may be something you want to look into. If you need to talk just call.
I pray for baby girl Zeigler and a healthy pregnancy for you all the time. I will add the cervix thing to my lists of prayers.
do you want to borrow my "snoogle" pregnancy pillow? it's all yours...i'm done with it for now :) I found it to be super helpful both times.
praying for your cervix...ah that sounds kinda funny doesn't it :)
--Anne
Post a Comment