I just had a doctor's appointment last Thursday. It went well, although it was pretty uneventful. The baby's heart rate was 120, so that was good. My belly measured good and healthy. I am now steadily gaining weight (gag). I am up 8 pounds for this pregnancy. I'm still trying to eat healthy though (easier said than done) so I can get it off after our little girl is born. The doctor was able to answer all of my questions, but couldn't really give me a lot of detailed information about what would be possible outcomes for my cervix ultrasound next week. She just said that depending on what the ultrasound shows there is a huge range of ways to proceed after. She said it would be useless to get myself stressed out thinking "If this, then that" but "If this, then this" etc. etc. There are just too many possibilities, ranging from no action to immediate bedrest. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what we find out this Thursday. I'm praying there will be no change!
My belly is growing steadily. Random strangers now ask me how far along I am and if I'm having a boy or girl. Most people all have the same response, "Pregnant in the summer, huh? That's not going to be fun!" I have to admit, I'm already a little sick of hearing this. Yes, I know that swelling may be worse and I'll be generally uncomfortable because of the heat, but can't people just be positive?! Winter pregnancy is not all fun and games either, which involves worrying about slipping on ice because my center of gravity is changing, and my coats not zipping b/c my belly is too big. And I'm sure I'll be happy that when my feet do swell I'll be able to slip on a pair of flip flops! I'm kind of excited about some of the cute summer maternity clothes too, and am happy I have wonderful friends who send me links to check them out!
Speaking of cute maternity clothes... tonight I am trying to shove my big belly into a formal dress, yikes! Yesterday at work Drew called and said we had a black tie event to go to with his boss and wife and a couple other work couples. Sounds fun, except then he told me it was the next day. I went right home after work to try to squeeze into a few formal dresses that I had from college days that were a size or two too big for my pre-pregnant body. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the way some of them fit! Anyway, I chose one that actually zips, but that Drew says looks like I'm more fat than pregnant, awesome...I'll be sure to keep my hands on my belly so people will not be debating all night, haha! I'll post a picture or two from tonight if I'm brave enough!
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment