Monday, April 5

It's been a while

Sorry for the blogging hiatus, but we were on vacation in sunny Florida!  I didn't like the idea of posting about it before we left because I feel like it's just an open invitation for some creepo to go "shopping" while the house is empty.  Not that I think I have any creepos reading my blog about pregnancy, but just in case, haha!
We had a fantastic time in Florida!  We were visiting my parents who graciously put up with us for a week!  The trip there and back was long (12 hours each way) and I had to make frequent stops to use the restroom and move around a bit.  I'm sure Drew was annoyed about stopping almost every 2 hours, but except for our last stop on the way home he did a good job of being understanding.  I'm not sure if it was the movement of the car, but baby girl was very still for both car rides.  I would feel an occasional jab here and there, but not the big, consistent ones I normally feel.  She must have liked the warm weather and sun while we were there because during the whole week she was the most active I've felt her yet.  It will be interesting to see if that continues now that we're home.
Going to visit my parents makes me realize that it would be great to be retired!  (No, I'm not wishing away the next 40 years of my life, but...) While they may talk about how busy they are, their time commitments are due to golf, dinner parties, and the likes.  It makes for a nice trip though because they are completely okay with relaxing and doing nothing if we want to or going out and doing something active.  The weather was great, so that helped a lot too.  We ventured to the beach, went to museums, walked at the harbour, and yes the pregnant woman even got on a bike, twice!  We also got to visit with my grandmother who lives in the same neighborhood.  She was not feeling well, so we only got to visit for small periods of time, but it was great to see her nonetheless.  She just moved to the area recently, and I hadn't seen her since my wedding, over 3 years ago!
The sun was wonderful but they aren't kidding when they say some pregnant woman have more sensitive skin.  I didn't think the sun would be that strong though because it was only the end of March and we were are only in Florida's panhandle.  I've always been one to have to wear a sweater 80 SPF when in the sun, so at least it wasn't a complete shock.  One of the days we went to the beach though I forgot to put sunscreen on my feet and boy was I glad I had it on everywhere else!  After only about 1 1/2 hours in the sun this is what I was left with...

Talk about sore, swollen feet and ankles!! 

Yesterday, Drew and I decided to work on baby girl's name, so we went to the park and narrowed down our list of 13 while Drew played disc golf (of course).  We now are down to the last 4, and we are at a stand still.  We aren't exactly sure how to choose one of those names.  I'm pretty sure Drew is leaning towards 2 of the 4 and I'm leaning towards the other 2, of course.  We're getting closer though!  Hopefully we'll have a decision in the next day or two.
Now that we're home it's back to reality and the laundry and housework is calling my name.  Here are a few pictures of us while away.

In the very cold 65 degree water... crazy man!


On a walking trail at the bay.


Enjoying the sun at the beach.


At the bay.


Listening to a live band.  It got a little chilly at night.

Keep praying for a healthy and happy baby girl and pregnancy!       

0 comments: