Two posts in one day! I hope you all don't mind!
Last weekend I had my first shower! The hostesses did a fantastic job! I couldn't have asked for a better day! I truly think I have the best friends and family anyone could have. I can't tell you how many times they told me that I looked great and was just a belly! All soon-to-be moms needs a group of people around that do this because it made my day week! I know I've said it before, but I can only hope and pray that my daughter has a group of women in her life as wonderful as I do! We played some games, ate a beautiful cake, opened gifts, and caught up on each other's lives. What more could I ask for?? I also got some great advice from all the women there, including "Never, never shake a baby!" and "Don't leave it in the car on a hot day...and probably not on a cold day either." Haha, I guess I'm going to have to choose my babysitters carefully! Just Kidding... kind of!
It never ceases to amaze me how kind and generous the people in my life are! We were truly "showered" with lots of incredibly fun and exciting baby gifts! I got home late Sunday night but immediately was pulling things out to show the daddy-to be and start putting things together. We now have baby stuff everywhere... and I love it! There is a high chair in the kitchen, a jumper in the family room, lots of clothes in her closet, tons of adorable hairbows on her dresser, and tons of other great things scattered all over the house! Anyone up for using some baby monitors like walkie talkies?! I didn't take a lot of pictures myself but as soon as I get the pictures from the hostesses and guests I will post them!
This week was a big week at work also! I officially told my principal and superintendent that I will be staying home next year. It was a very bittersweet announcement for me to make. I am more than confident in my decision to stay home with our children, and I am incredibly thankful that I have the opportunity. I am also very sad about leaving my coworkers and teaching for a while. I absolutely love my job and the people I work with, but I know my job at home is where my heart will be. I personally know I can't be the teacher, mother, and wife I want to be all at the same time.
So far everyone has been incredibly supportive in my decision, which has really helped! My principal even told me to hunt him down when I'm ready to come back so he could write me a recommendation. My coworkers all understood and have all told me how wonderful they think it is that I'm going to stay home. I was very nervous about people being disappointed or upset with my decision, but all I've received so far are hugs and words of encouragement! I am excited about what our future holds, and I can't wait to see this whole journey unfold. Please pray that I would continue to be confident in my decision and that I would enjoy the joys of being a stay at home mommy.
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment