Monday, March 22

25 Weeks and a Glimpse Into the Future

Baby girl is now the size of an eggplant!



Average size: 13.6-14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lb.

"That oh-so-handy sense of equilibrium is kicking in, and baby's learning to distinguish right side up from upside down."  This makes me wonder why in the world she (as well as other babies) would be okay being head-down already?? 
 
So I had a wonderful visit with some of my dearest friends this weekend, and it made me think about the friendships that our little girl will have.  I know some people don't understand my involvement in a sorority during college, but I cherish all the lifelong friendships I have made because of it.  4 of the 6 bridesmaids in my wedding were sorority sisters that I can't imagine my life without.  They are women of amazing character whom I've gotten to know through sleepovers, Bible studies, and junk food pigout sessions.  They have stood by me through countless dilemas, experiences, and celebrations.  Being with 3 of those women this weekend (we missed you Lauren) made me realize how much I hope my daughter is able to make similar friendships.  I also pray that she is able to be a woman of character that will be a great support and encouragement for the other women in her life.  While I would never push her into a sorority, I will be exstatic if she chooses to be in one!  Thanks to all those Alpha Gams that have a been a wonderful part of my life! 

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Aww . . . I missed you girls too! I will see everyone soon enough!

Anonymous said...

Aw wow, this makes my heart so happy! :-) I love you dear and can't wait to meet our AGD in waiting, ha!

Breanna said...

I do know that your daughter will have some wonderful aunts to hang out with! Love you, can't wait for the shower!