So I went to a few stores today to try on some maternity clothes. I don't fit into my regular pants, and moved up a size (or two) to pants that used to fit me in college when I was about 10-15 pounds heavier. Those are now tight, and even using a rubberband around the button is not cutting it anymore. So, I figured it was time. Now, I normally love shopping but only at certain stores because it gets frustrating trying to find things that fit, but for some reason I thought maternity clothes shopping would be different. Nope. I am at a loss for where to find things! I started out at Old Navy because they had cute stuff online, and eventhough their site said the one I went to carries maternity clothes they do not... annoying! So I stopped in target next. I should have know that this would have been a bust because they don't carry my size pants in normal clothing, but I thought "well maybe their maternity wear will fit differently or maybe I will need to go up a few sizes anyway." Nope. I did pick up a cute black wrap top that will be even cuter when I have a big belly though. I stopped in a few department stores and their pants are just too big in general, not just because I don't have a big baby belly yet... same as target. I am going to make a trip to the gap outlet store soon, and I'm hoping they will have something. I am also still wanting to try some secondhand stores, but there isn't one close to the house and I haven't made the trip over yet. Everyone always makes fun of small girls for getting annoyed while shopping, but when you can't find clothes that fit correctly it doesn't matter what size you are, it's annoying! The Loft has cute stuff and is where I normally find my regular clothes, but I refuse to pay $70 for pants that I will wear for less than a year. Anyone know where I can find 00 or 0 maternity clothes that won't cost a fortune?
Other than shopping frustrations I've been doing good lately! I don't get morning sickness, but instead for the past 2 weeks have been feeling nauseous in the evening. That's not too bad because I can relax on the couch or just go to bed. I would hate to have to get going in the morning like that and go teach, so I feel pretty lucky.
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago

1 comments:
Hey Ashley,
First of all...congratulations!! I am so excited for you both! A good friend of mine was pregnant last year and being a thinner girl she too had trouble finding pants. She bought a belly band and that worked for her. It's this stretchy tube top thing that goes over your unbuttoned or too big pants and keeps them from falling down. She wore it for most of her pregnancy. Good luck with everything and keep blogging.
Nicole
Post a Comment