I am happy to report that my doctor's appointment went really well today! This appointment was all about the cyst and was with the ultrasound specialist woman. She was wonderful! She started out by just looking at the baby, which really helped ease my mind and calm me down before we talked about everything else. The baby looked great. The arms and legs looked a little longer than last week, and was measuring right on pace. She officially confirmed that my due date is now July 5, because it matched up exactly with last week's measurements. So I am now 9 weeks and 4 days. I had a moment of awe when I got to hear the baby's heartbeat! It was an incredible experience! The heartbeat was very strong! 182 beats per minute!
After doing all of that she began looking at the cyst. It was the same size as last week, 11 cm by 6 cm., which is large but it hasn't gotten bigger which is good. She was able to confirm that the cyst was fluid filled, which was what we hoped for! This means that even if it were to twist or leak, it wouldn't cause any harm to the baby. That's what I was most worried about, so I was happy to hear that! She will look at it again at 20 weeks. The hope is that it will go down on its own, but as long as it doesn't get bigger they will leave it alone until after the baby is born. Once the baby is born they will probably remove it if it is large throughout the pregnancy. If it were to get bigger we would reevaluate at that time, but I'm not concerned about that. I was really reasurred about everything, and the specialist was great at answering all of my questions. (Feel free to talk with me with if you have any questions!) She also said the cyst was mostly behind my uterus, and is pushing my uterus out. So that's what is causing me to look slightly larger than most women at my stage in pregnancy.
And the best part about my appointment: they didn't weigh me! Haha, I'm obviously kidding about that being the best part, but it was kind of nice! I'll post a picture as soon as I get it on my computer! Love to all!
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment