I am so excited for Breanna's first Christmas! The tree is up, decorations are out, and our stockings have been hung! Okay, the truth is I did all of this about two weeks before Thanksgiving. I just couldn't wait any longer. I know Breanna won't remember any of this, but I am so excited to start new family traditions and spend Christmas as a family! I remember how excited I got about our family traditions growing up, so I can't wait to pass some of those on to Breanna and create some new ones of our own.
When I was growing up we always ate oyster stew on Christmas Eve and lit a bayberry candle. (A bayberry candle burned to the socket, brings health to your home, food to your larder, and wealth to your pocket.) We opened one gift on Christmas Eve as well, though I think this started when my sister and I had bugged my parents to open a gift so many times that they just gave in to get us to leave them alone, haha! On Christmas morning we would wake my parents up at some ridiculously early hour and go open our stockings and presents. Then we would eat homemade sticky buns or breakfast casserole. It was such an exciting family time that I loved! I want to create just as warm of a feeling for Breanna so she can have just as wonderful of memories when she starts her own family. I will post some pictures of the decorations soon!
Keep praying for our family of 3!
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment