Sunday, December 12

What Happens in Vegas...

Sorry for the lack of posts recently.  We took a week vacation to go to Las Vegas to visit Grandma and Grandpa.  We had a fantastic time, and the weather was awesome!  Breanna was in awe of all the lights, and she had a great time being outside during our hikes!
We boarded the plane on Wednesday morning.  I was not sure what to expect since it was the first time flying with Breanna, but it went great!  Going through security was a breeze, and we were so thankful for the "family line" at the Indy airport.  The line was short, and they don't rush you to go through.  I had a couple containers of breastmilk and ice packs, but they checked them out and we were good to go!  Breanna fell asleep about 30 minutes before we boarded the plane, but she woke up as soon as we settled into our seats.  I gave her a small dose of Tylenol just in case her ears bothered her, and we were on our way.  I sat next to the window and Drew sat in the middle (I know he hated that), but it allowed me to nurse Breanna (under a cover) when we took off to help her ears pop from the pressure changes without someone else next to me.  Breanna slept almost the entire flight, and we landed a few short hours later.
Grandma and Grandpa greated us at baggage and we were ready to start our vacation!

It took a couple days for Breanna to get on Vegas time, which is 3 hours earlier than us, but eventually she got the hang of it. 

We went to the strip two different days and looked at the Christmas decorations and all the sights.  The Bellagio was just getting their display together, and it was neat to see how they did it!  Most of the other hotels had only a few small decorations, but we enjoyed walking the strip anyway!  We made it to Circus Circus, which I had never been to before and Drew hadn't been to in many many years because we usually go to the newer hotels.  They had an awesome kids area!  It had tons of rides, putt putt golf, all kinds of games, and shows every 45 minutes or so.  Breanna was not old enough to do anything, but she LOVED watching everything!!  She took the best naps while out and about in Vegas! Apparently there was a lot to take in!

Meeting Whoopie

At Circus Circus

Grandpa let me ride the rides!

Whoa!

With Sponge Bob

Tuckered out while walking the strip!

She even got to be part of one of the shows!  We watched the African Acrobats and one of the performers kept playing and interacting with her.  It was fun, and she surprisingly loved it!  We also happened to be on the strip when Nascar had some sort of final victory lap.  They blocked off an intersection and each got to peel out and do doughnuts.  Breanna slept right up until it started and then was more into people watching than car watching.  I had to agree with her!  Haha!

Hardly able to stand our excitement!

We also did some hiking while we were there.  This is usually one of my favorite parts of being in Vegas.  I love the strip and all, but the scenery is awesome out there!  We spent a day at Valley of Fire and loved it!  Breanna seems to be quite the little hiker, and really enjoyed it!


Queen of the mountain!




We also went to Red Rock Canyon.  We spent quite a bit of time at their visitor center, which has just been redone and is really nice and fun!  Once we were done there we did a short hike on the Children's Trail.  This time I "wore" Breanna, so we didn't get any pictures, but we had a great time!  The trail we did had lots of things to look at, and when Breanna is older I think she'll really like it!  Drew said that eventhough it was short, it was one of his favorite hikes we've done while out there.

Drew and I even got to go on a date while Grandma and Grandpa babysat!  This was really hard for me, but I'm glad we did it!  I should mention that I put Breanna to bed and then we left, so I still have to work up to leaving her while awake but it was a first for us still!  I got text messages every 45 minutes or so letting me know she was still sleeping, which helped ease my mind and enjoy our time.  Hopefully we can do this more often now!

Breanna got to meet Santa while we were there!  Every year the cactus garden puts up a ton of Christmas lights and Santa is there!  I thought Breanna would be scared of him, but she did great.  We even got a smile out of her while on his lap!  She must have known she was a good girl this year, and couldn't wait to tell Santa all about it!  I forgot about meeting Santa while we getting ready for the day though, because I would have dressed her in something other than blue.  Santa's helper thought she was a boy, but of course Santa knew right away!   


Eventually we had to go back home to the cold and snow.  Breanna made it a little easier by doing great on the plane again.  She literally slept the entire way!  It was great!  It again took a couple days to get used to the time change, but those couple days of sleeping in because of it were fine with me! 
We can't wait to go back, but it might be a little while.  Next year we planned a cruise with Drew's family instead of going to Vegas!  I can't complain about that!

Keep praying for our family of 3!

2 comments:

Grandma Laurie said...

You got some great pics! Grandpa and I had a great time too.

Lauren said...

So glad you had a great vacation AND conquered a little time away from your precious baby. You are such a great mom, and really just an all around wonderful person I'm glad to call a friend. Love you!