Breanna has her first ear infection. Yuck! She has had a cold for a little while now, but she started having diarrhea (I thought diapers were bad before...) and added a fever on top of it, so I decided to call the pediatrician for some advice. They told me to bring her in since she is too little to give any over the counter cold medicine. I was secretly hoping they would say this because I knew I would feel better to have our doctor look at her and say it was "just a cold" or find something that she could "fix." So on Friday morning I brought her in, and sure enough she had an ear infection. I was semi happy about it because it meant the doctor gave us some medicine and hope that it would be cleared up soon. Dr. Harp also told me to give her a couple spoonfuls of yogurt to help with her diarrhea. (Sorry, I know you probably don't care about her stomach issues.) I laughed out loud when she had her first taste. She is not a fan. I can't say I blame her though. It's plain yogurt (not even vanilla), so it's pretty bad and probably tastes really sour to a kid that has had nothing but breastmilk and bland baby cereal. I snapped this picture on my phone:
Breanna sure is a tough little one though because she is trying her hardest to be a happy little baby. Nights are the worst. The first night she would cry each time you would try to lay her down. Not because she wanted to be held, but because it hurt to be horizontal. She would be sound asleep up on your shoulder, and the second you would shift her to a laying position she would cry. It didn't matter if you were still holding her or not. Her crib is propped up, but it didn't seem to matter. This was so incredibly hard for me! I just wanted to take the pain away and make everything better! I gave her some tylenol and
Pray for a healthy baby!


1 comments:
I totally hate ear infections! We finally had to get tubes for Jag. A suggestion that may work for you (and help you sleep): we put Jag in a swing next to our bed when he had ear infections. This made him sleep well (and me) which ultimately made the whole house a happier place :-). Just a thought- it worked for us!
Post a Comment