Friday, September 10

Doctor's Visit

Hi everyone!  It's Breanna!  Mommy said I've been talking so much lately that I could tell you guys about my doctor's visit.  I had my 2 month checkup yesterday.  I got to meet a new doctor and really like him.  I think Mommy did too, because they talked for a long time.  Mommy asked all kinds of questions.  They talked for a long time about me and napping.  I guess Mommy wants me to learn how to nap on my own instead of with her holding me.  Right now I wake up the second Mommy puts me down.  I don't do it on purpose; I just really like to be held!  The doctor told Mom to stay in the room with me and comfort me when I wake up, and then to only pick me up if I start to cry.  Then he said to try again when I calm down, even if she has to do it 50 times.  I'm not really sure if I'm going to like this!  Mommy is already trying it out, and I'm not so sure about it!  I'll let you know.
I really impressed the doctor with how strong I was!  He was surprised with how well I can hold my head and neck up.  Mommy and Daddy have been working with me on that, and they're good teachers!  He was also impressed that when Mommy puts me to bed I go about 7 hours before I wake up again to eat.  I'm usually a pretty tired girl at night I guess... maybe because I don't like to nap during the day!
I have grown a lot since my last visit!  I weigh 11 pounds and 5 ounces now!  That means I'm in the 50th percentile.  I'm 22 inches long.  That's the 40th percentile.  I don't know what those percentiles mean, but Mommy was happy. 
The worst part was last.  I got 5 vaccines!  The first one was this gross tasting stuff I had to drink.  I didn't like it so I cried to let the nurse know.  Then I got 4 shots in my legs!!  It was terrible!  Mommy must have thought so too because she cried with me!  The pain stopped as soon as Mom picked me up though, so that was good.  Mom said I'll be glad I got them later when I don't get sick.  I hope so, because that was rough!  I slept all afternoon after that, but when I woke up my legs were sore from those shots!  I made sure to scream and cry lots to let Mom know.  She must have understood because she gave me some medicine that helped a lot.  When I woke up this morning I felt great!  Mommy was glad I felt better, but she told me we would have to do it all again when I'm 4 months old!!  Well I'm going to go try to take a nap in my crib now.  Maybe Mom will let me write to you guys again soon!  Say a prayer for my Mommy and Daddy as I try to learn how to be a better napper!


Here I am, waiting for the Doctor


My poor, little leggies! 

1 comments:

Grandma Laurie said...

How sweet! I really enjoyed reading this, Breanna. I'm so happy that you and mommy are doing well. We miss you!