Thursday, August 5

what is normal

Pre-pregnancy weight does NOT mean pre-pregnancy size

I have been at my original weight for a couple weeks now, but am not at all my original size.  I hate going places right now because I have nothing to wear.  My hips are wider, so my pants don't close.  My chest is larger and my stomach still has a pooch, so all my shirts are too tight and too short.  I am not sure if this will be my new body type or if I will continue to go back to my old size.  I fit into old clothes that were about 2 sizes too big before I was pregnant.  Sadly this amounts to 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of capris, and 3 shirts (one of which is nowhere to be found).  I am tempted to buy a few new clothes, but if this is not where I'll stay I don't want to waist my money.  Any advice or experiences from other mommies out there?

3 comments:

Sallie said...

I think it took about 4 months until my pre-preg clothes fit. As for the hips- mine still are not the same size and I am not sure if they will go back or not- I hate to tell you that, but no one told me! Now, my waist is smaller, but with my hips this size, all my pre preg pants fit in the hips, but not in the waist- its neverending. I weigh less than before I was pregnant- but now have a new body. Sigh. I have settled on this "new normal" and look at the sweet baby I brought into this world...so worth the huge hips :-)

Chelsie said...

I am similar to Sallie in the fact I can now fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes but I don't look like I use to and pants fit in some places but not others. I started back in all my clothes around 4 months also. Tim keeps telling me that he likes what Sallie called my "new normal" because it means that I blessed him with a beautiful child. Though I still wish I could look good in some of my old stuff. LOL. But it is so worth not having my old body every time I cuddle with/look at Amy.

brad said...

i have a book for you if you want it...... :) we need to get together again soon!

Anne