Tuesday, August 17

All about Breanna

It's been a while since I last posted! 
Breanna is growing like a weed!  At the last doctor's visit we went to she was 10 pounds!  I couldn't believe it!  I pulled up a picture of me holding her when she was a week old and another at 7 weeks... I couldn't believe my eyes!  It's amazing how much they grow without you realizing it!!



Look at the difference!

Breanna is not just getting bigger in size, but in ability too!  She now smiles a lot when she is awake!  It melts my heart every single time still. 

Big Smiles!  Breanna happens to think that I'm pretty funny! 

She is also a lot more alert during the day.  She typically is up at 6:30, but sometimes I can feed her and put her back down until 9 (sometimes).  From 9 until about 10:30 she is awake and happy.  We usually play under her play gym or sit and talk in her bumbo seat.





She will then take a nap that could be anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. 
We then go through a cycle of playing for about an hour followed by a nap throughout the day until dinnertime, eating every 3 hours or so all the while.  We start getting her ready for bed around 8 pm. 
If it's bath night (every 2-3 days) we start with that:

 
Then it's pajamas, eat, story, prayers, bed.

I love her alert time!  It's fun to see her personality develop!  
Breanna is beginning to "coo" and make noises other than grunts when she is happy.  I love hearing her "talk" and think it's neat to see her language develop.  It makes me wonder what her voice will sound like.

She has also found her hands.  She can now purposefully move them to her mouth to suck on her hands.  It's nice because it is a way for her to soothe herself if she needs it.



Breanna has also rolled over three times.  I know they are all accidents, but it's still fun!  All three times have been when she was doing tummy time.  She hates it, so she kicks her legs a lot.  Her hands were pushing her up in such a way that when she kicked her legs she flipped over to her back.  All three timess she was shocked!  Drew got to see the first time, which was really fun!  I can't wait for it to be on purpose!

I have lots more to tell you about, but I'll save it for another day!
Keep praying for our family of 3!

   


1 comments:

Christina said...

I love this post - a lot!! It looks about time for another visit!