Breanna is now sleeping in her own room at night...and so is mommy, haha! We started a bedtime routine on Sunday night, which included sleeping in her own crib in her own room. At 8 pm I feed Breanna, mommy or daddy read her a story, then one of us says her bedtime prayer, and then it's bedtime. I hope the routine will start to make nights easier, and help her transition to a full night's sleep. I've been rocking her to sleep for now, which I know many people have an opinion on. My feeling on it is that right now she is only 4 weeks old, still waking up every few hours to eat, and this is a new thing for her. Yes, I do plan on putting her down while awake eventually to help her learn to fall asleep without me, but that will be in another few weeks or so. I have also been temporarily sleeping in the room with her. She's been having some breathing issues when she sleeps (I'll blog about that later) and I just couldn't leave her yet. Since we have a twin bed in the nursery, I decided to use it. Drew has sure enjoyed the past few nights of noninterrupted sleep! He'll be in for a special treat when I go back to our room with the baby monitor! Breanna is a LOUD sleeper!
This week we also introduced the pacifier. Breanna was nursing as a way to calm herself and satisfy her sucking reflex. This wouldn't be a big deal to me, except that it means she wanted to breastfeed (but not really to feed) every hour and a half or so. While I love the bonding experience of it, it got to be a lot for me. Not to mention she ends up spitting up a ton because her stomach was already full. She has used the pacifier a few times this week and is getting used to it. Don't worry, she will not be one of those kids that has to take the pacifier out of her mouth to talk to you!
In more fun "firsts" Breanna rolled over on July 19. I know it was an accident, but still exciting! We were doing tummy time (which she hates) and she got her hand stuck under her chest and since she was kicking her feet too she flipped herself over! I can't wait until she does it on purpose!
We had our one month checkup yesterday which went well. I will blog about all the details later though because it is kind of long, and I would like to shower while my baby is napping!
Keep praying for our family of 3!
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago

2 comments:
You rock, love and kiss on that baby as much as you want! They say you can't spoil them while they are young- and I believe that! I think all the love, kisses, rocking and cuddle time has helped Jag sleep through the night- he knows if he needs me, I will coming running! No manual needed, do what feels right to you, since every baby is so different, books are not always the answer and society cannot apply all standards to each baby (even though they try)! You are doing fabulous! This mommy thing is a bit tougher than it looks, huh? :-)
Depending on how close her room is to your room, you may not need a monitor. We had one and our rooms are really close. Every noise is way over amplified and it was really hard to get any sleep. If your rooms are pretty close together you may find you may not want the monitor. I can tell from your posts that your mommy instinct is already starting to kick in. Enjoy this sweet time and don't feel bad about still holding her. You'll start to get a better feeling as to when to let her fall asleep on her own. Right now, I don't think you can hold her enough.
Post a Comment