Sunday, May 2

sorry for the absence

Wow, it's been a long time since I've had a post.  We've been busy the past week or two!

At work I've been enduring state testing, which is long and painful for the kids and me!  Remind me several years from now to thank my daughter's teacher for all her hard work in preparing her for testing!  There's so much more that goes into it than people realize. 

At home, I've been working on little projects around the house.  Our daughter's closet is now cleaned out just for her, and daddy's work clothes have been moved to the other spare bedroom.  We have some of the bedding and nursery decor around her room.  It is still very much a work in progress though!  I debated posting pictures of where we are at so far, and decided that as long as you are understanding that this is nowhere near complete I would post a few just so you could get an idea.

The crib... I love, love, love the bedding we picked out!  I am planning on either painting or using wall stickers to put a tree that leans over the crib next to it. 


It has cute little bunnies on it... I haven't tied it in yet because it will need to be washed, and it won't be on for several months after she's born.


This is standing in the doorway.  The shelves need to be decorated with cute baby things, and the bed needs some matching pillows.  The changing area is to the left of the window, and will have wall hangings above it.  The matching curtains will also need to be hung, but the set only comes with one.  Since we have a double window we will need one more.


 This is looking from the window area.  Again, I am planning on doing something on the wall above the crib, and the dresser needs some girly touches to the top.

Overall, I'm getting really excited about the nursery!  Once school is out I will be able to really get things fixed up!  Only 4 more weeks until then, and only 9 more until her due date!  Whoa!

The other reason I was away from my blog the past week:

Meet our new little niece, Amy. 

She couldn't be any cuter! 

It was fun to watch Drew interact with her.  He'll probably deny every bit of it, but he even sang and made up a great song for her as they sorted through the mail and clipped coupons together.  Can you hear my heart melting?! 

In other exciting news, we have chosen a name!  I will let you all know what our beautiful daughter will be named as soon as the rest of our family knows!

Keep praying for a healthy and happy baby girl and pregnancy! 

2 comments:

Laura said...

Can't wait to call her by name! I love her bedding! What a great nursery!

charryse said...

Yeah for picking a name. What a difficult task. The room looks great.