Sunday, May 30

Braxton Hicks, Hiccups, and Heartburn

I have now had contractions (braxton hicks) on 2 different occasions.  I know they really mean nothing, except that my body is practicing for the real thing, but it is still exciting all the same.  The last time I had two contractions while we were at a festival listening to a fun local band.  I think Breanna must have wanted to join in on the fun!

Breanna gets hiccups at least 2 times a day.  It was exciting to feel them for the first few times, but it's been happening for about 2 weeks straight now.  I'm glad she is trying to practice her breathing now!  It will be interesting to see if she continues to get them a lot once she's born.

I have now been getting heartburn very frequently for the past 2 weeks.  We'll see if the old wives tale is true that the more heartburn you have the more hair she has.  I never knew it was possible to get heartburn after a glass of water, but it is...  I can't complain too much though because I know some people that get heartburn from day one.

Overall I have still been feeling great!  I don't want to jinx myself, but I've really enjoyed this pregnancy!  My favorite part of it all is seeing and feeling her move.  I love every minute of it!  It's fun to try to figure out which body part I am seeing and/or feeling as well.

My last doctor's appointment was Friday morning.  It was another great appointment.  I am up two pounds for a total of 18 and my belly is back on track.  She is head down and had a great heartbeat: 140s.  Since I am kind of in between the starting week for weekly appointments they gave me the option of going in next week or waiting until the week after.  Since everything has been going well I opted to wait until Friday the 11th for my next appointment.  At that appointment I'll be in my 36th week (almost 37) and they will begin checking my cervix.  I don't feel as though I should be at that point yet!  It's amazing how fast it has gone!

Keep praying for a healthy and happy baby girl and pregnancy!

0 comments: