Tuesday, July 10

Big Girl Bed

My baby has grown up right before my eyes.  She has her own opinions and ideas.  On the night of her birthday I was in her room with Drew and our neighbor Katie.  We were showing her Breanna's new "big girl room." (More on that next)  Breanna was up on the twin size bed showing off for Katie, and Drew made some comment to Breanna about sleeping in her big girl bed.  When Breanna heard this was an option there was no changing her mind.  She was insistent on sleeping there.  While Drew and Breanna ganged up on me, pushing this huge step, Katie saw me begin to tear up.  She gave me a hug and quietly slipped out of the room.  Haha! Smart girl!  I was NOT ready for this step.  I am a very deliberate parent.  I reasearch and think and plan before doing things.  I had thought about moving her to her new big girl bed soon, but not quite yet.  I had no plan on what we would do if she got out of bed, how long we would give her to adjust if it didn't seem to go very well, and so on.  Drew is great at balancing me out, and tried to convince me that she was ready.  Sigh.  When I pulled Breanna out of the bed to put on her PJs, she started balling.  Apparently, I was outnumbered on this.  So, I said okay.  I talked to Breanna about how she had to stay in bed until I came to get her in the morning, etc.  Reluctantly I tucked her into bed, said a prayer outside her door, and glued myself to her video monitor.  At that moment I was so thankful we had it!!  I got absolutely no sleep that night, but Breanna did great!  She didn't try to get out of bed, never cried, never had any issue at all.  There was no turning back at that point!  She has slept there for naps and bed ever since.  I can't believe my baby is no longer a baby!  But, look how cute she looks in her new bed!

0 comments: