Sunday, September 4

life

Sorry it has been so long since my last post!  We have been busy enjoying life!  We spent a wonderful week in Florida visiting with Nana, Grandad, Aunt Debbie, Uncle Ryan, and Cousin Evan!  We had a great time, and I'll post more details as soon as I get pictures!  When we got home we had Drew's family in and out visiting here as well as a fun weekend in Kentucky with Aunt Chelsie, Uncle Tim, Cousin Amy, Grandma, and Grandpa.  We have had lots of fun family time lately, and it's been great for Breanna to get to build those relationships!

We have had many "big" changes in our  house lately as well.  When we were in Florida it just happened to work out that Breanna took one nap a day.  We were either at the beach, pool, or other fun activity in the morning and would come back for lunch and naps.  When we got home Breanna refused to go back to 2 naps, so we are officially down to one nap around 12:30.  It usually lasts from 1.5 to 2 hours, which is about the same as before.  Her morning nap used to be only about 30 minutes and her afternoon was anywhere from 1-1.5 hours.   So, the amount of time napping is pretty close to the same as before.  She is sleeping a little later than before about 3 or 4 days a week.  When I say later though I mean around 6:30.  The other days she is still up around 6.
All 4 of her top teeth have finally poked through the gums.  We had a few hard nights, but have made it out in the end okay.  Too bad we still have a mouthful left!
Breanna got her first haircut a couple days ago.  Well, actually haircut may be too strong a word.  I basically trimmed the mullet off the back and a few wisps right behind the ears.  I am hoping that her hair will have more of a chance to come in evenly now.  Drew and I were both surprised with how much we think the small amount she got taken off changed her face.  She looks a little older now, and her face a little rounder.  It is adorable!
Breanna is only nursing before bed right now.  She gave up all the others without really caring too much.  I used the don't offer don't refuse approach, and with only one or two exceptions she hasn't "asked" me to nurse at all.  This last nursing session will stick around for a little while, although it is more for my sake than hers.  Drew has put her to bed before when I'm not home and she did perfectly fine without being nursed.  I am just holding on to that last precious, special quiet time with my baby girl.  I don't have any true plans on a time frame when I want to be finished by, I figure when the time is right I will know.


I haven't uploaded pictures from my camera for quite sometime, so this will have to hold you over until my next post:
Breanna during our 12 month photo shoot

0 comments: