Sunday, July 3

One Year

Breanna had her one year checkup this week.  She weighed in at 19.5 pounds, which is the 25th percentile, and was a whopping 29.5 inches tall.  That is the 75th percentile!  Last time she was 25th % in height, so she has shot up in the last few months!
Along with 4 shots she had blood taken to check for several different things including lead levels and anemia.  We got the results back today and it turns out she has low level anemia and will begin taking vitamins with extra iron.  She currently eats lots of iron rich foods, so I was a bit surprised by this but I'm glad it's such an easy fix (hopefully).  They will repeat the blood test at either 18 or 24 months to make sure the vitamins are working... I'm dreading it already!  The first time was not fun, to say the least!
Breanna is really developing into a beautiful little girl.  Here are some things I want to remember about my little girl:
1) You can walk all over the place!  You still enjoy to take my hand and walk with me throughout the day though.  I am trying to encourage your independence, but still trying to remember that one day I'll miss holding your hand!
2) You are quite the determined little girl!  You know what you want, when you want it, and exactly how you want it done.  Haha... this is something that requires lots of patience at times!
3) You get giddy when Daddy gets home from work and run over to him for a big hug.  It melts my heart!
4) You still only have 2 bottom teeth, but the top 4 are all going to pop through any day now. 
5) You love to play outside.  When I put my shoes on, you start to giggle because you know it means we are going out.
6) You are still nursing about 5 times a day and before bed, but we are going to start weaning soon. 
7) You say "mama" and "dada" as well as "bye-bye".  You also have your own words for dog ("da") and bird ("ba")
8) You grunt a lot throughout the day.  I am trying to encourage the use the words instead, as the grunting drives me nuts!
9) You love to play with my hair.
10) You are still taking 2 naps a day.  the first is at 9 and second is at 2.  Both are usually about 1.5 hours long, but the morning nap is beginning to shorten.
11) We read 2 books and say a prayer before bed.  Then I rock you for a minute or two, and lay you down awake.  You usually go right to sleep.  You go to bed at 8 and usually wake at 6.
12) You hate sleeping in the pack n' play.  This makes for interesting trips!
13) Your car seat is still rear facing, and we plan to keep it that way for as long as possible. 
14) You hate the car!  You do best in my car because you can see out the back window, but you still protest through the entire trip.
15) You love being out at the store.  It doesn't matter which ones, you just like to watch everyone and everything around you. 
16) You are very studious and inquisitive.  You watch everything around you, and take a while to become comfortable in a situation.
17) You are shy around new people or those you haven't seen in a while.  This does not include kids.  You love being around other kids!
18) You still don't have much hair, but what is there is mostly blonde with small hints of red.  When I can manage to get a bow in it, you immediately take it out, examine it, and then try to stick it back on your head.
19) You laugh when you hear other people laughing.
20) Your smile is infectious, and can light up my whole day!


I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us!

0 comments: