Friday, July 1

Happy Birthday

As of Monday, June 27 I now have a one year old!  We celebrated Breanna's birthday with family and friends on Sunday, June 26.  The party was ladybug themed, and it was adorable!  It was such a special time, and I enjoyed being able to celebrate and reminisce over the first year of my baby's life!  My parents (Nana and Granddad) made the long trek up from Florida on Wednesday, and spent the remainder of the week here with us.  My sister and her family (Aunt Debbie, Uncle Ryan, and Cousin Evan) came on Saturday morning and spent the weekend with us.  Drew's sister and her family (Aunt Chelsie, Uncle Tim, and Cousin Amy) came Sunday morning along with Drew's Dad (Grandpa) who came all the way from Canada!  Drew's mom (Grandma) was enjoying a trip in Africa, and wasn't able to celebrate with the birthday girl until Tuesday.  We missed her, but she was there in spirit!

We started the party at noon, and Breanna couldn't wait for her guests to arrive:
 (No, this was not staged... isn't my daughter darling!)

We enjoyed celebrating with the following guests:
Nana and Granddad
Grandpa
Aunt Debbie, Uncle Ryan, and Cousin Evan
Aunt Chelsie, Uncle Tim, and Cousin Amy
The Fera's: Mike, Lauren, and Alexis
The Schueler's: Brad, Anne, Gianna, and Dominic
The Hensley's: Jeromy, Nicole, and Josiah
Kerry Knapp
Breanna Kingsolver
 Spending time with cousins was priceless:

Here are some of the highlights of the party:

The Banner I created: "Happy 1st birthday Breanna"

With the birthday girl
Birthday Girl

Drew grilled perfect hotdogs and hamburgers
The rain cleared up and we were able to go outside for a while

The adorable and delicious cake my sister made!




Breanna got her own ladybug cake to "eat"



I think this may have been the only bite that she put in her mouth

She had a blast destroying it though!



We opened lots of presents from generous family and friends




All the older kids helped show Breanna how it's done

The face says it all

Sitting at her new big girl table!
You might notice in the pictures that Breanna had a wardrobe change during the party.  Somehow (I'm still trying to figure this out) Breanna managed to get her diaper off during the party.  Sometime later I see her get up off of the floor and walk away leaving a wet puddle on the carpet.  Confused how she had leaked through her diaper so fast I lifted her dress to find a bare bottom!  I was shocked to say the least!  After a change of clothes, a fresh diaper, and quick carpet cleaning, the party went back to normal.  I still have no idea how this happened!  The diaper was found resting on the hallway floor... There's never a dull moment with kids I guess!

Happy Birthday to my beautiful little girl!

0 comments: