Wednesday, March 30

Food

As I sat and ate lunch with Breanna today, I couldn't help but feel like she is growing so fast!  She happily munched on some peas, some ground beef, and a grilled cheese sandwich...


Since when is my baby big enough to eat a sandwich?!  Now, I have to cut it in tiny little pieces, and I secretly hide an extra helping of veggie puree in there, but it's a sandwich none the less!
Here are some food related facts about my big girl:
1) She loves meat!  She goes for any meat on her tray first.
2) She loves veggies!  Here she was with banana, peach, and peas on her tray and she ate every single pea, asked (screamed) for more, and then left the fruit.  Crazy girl!

3) Even though she loves veggies, the girl would choose some cantaloupe over any vegetable!  She can't get enough of the stuff.
4) Breanna absolutely refuses to eat anything unless she can pick it up and put it in her mouth herself.  This means she will not let me go anywhere near her mouth with a spoon of puree.  I've tried to show her how to use the spoon herself, but she isn't quite ready for that yet.
5) Breanna thinks it's a good idea to throw food on the floor when I'm either not looking or when she is finished eating.
6) We have been using sign language for lots of food related words like "more" "all done" "eat" "drink" and "milk."  I'm sure she knows what "more" and "all done" mean, but I'm not sure about the others.  She doesn't use any of the signs herself yet.
7) Breanna used to love carrots, but now she won't even touch them... unless it is to throw them on the floor.
8) She loves pasta!  Sometimes I'll melt cheese on it for an extra special treat!
9) Breanna claps for herself a lot after she takes a bite of something.  I think this started because in an effort to discourage throwing food on the floor, I would try to make a big deal out of choosing to put the food in her mouth instead.  Now she just thinks she is pretty amazing for eating, haha!
10) Breanna knows how to use a sippy cup pretty well.  She only drinks water from it because I don't want her getting all the extra sugar and calories from juice.

Pray for healthy eating habits!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Here's hoping the healthy eating habits extend into her teenage years :) My mom would be so jealous to hear Breanna's diet after trying to get me to eat "normally"! Love you!