Sunday, October 31

My first vacation

Mommy and Daddy took me on my first vacation last week! We spent a whole week in Destin, Florida with my Nana and Grandad!

I woke up on Friday and dropped Daddy off at work with Mommy. Then we went home, finished getting the last odds and ends packed in the car and picked Daddy up around lunch. I was excited about vacation because everyone kept telling me how much fun it would be, but I didn't realize I would have to be in the car for so long! I hated being strapped in, couldn't stand the sun in my eyes, and wasn't so sure about a full day of bottles. I did get to watch a fun 30 minute movie called Praise Baby, that Mommy and I sang to.



At 7 we stopped at this big space shuttle in Alabama so Daddy could walk around while Mommy changed my diaper, put me in my pajamas, and fed me. I knew this was supposed to mean it's bedtime, but they put me back in the car! I couldn't believe it, so I talked to myself for about 45 minutes and finally decided to go to bed.

The trip ended up taking 13.5 hours, because I wasn't so sure about having so many bottles. They filled me up for a while, but I was hungry again after about 2 hours. That meant we stopped every 1.5 hours so they could burp me after I ate.

When I woke up the next morning I was at Nana and Grandad's house! I had never been there, so I had to look at everything! It was very exciting! They have a pool in the back, and I loved listening to the water!



We did so many fun things while I was on vacation! I got to meet my great grandma, Mimi! We all went to lunch together.



While we were out Nana and Grandad got me these awesome sunglasses! Since I hate the sun being in my eyes so much, I love them! They can be put on upside down since both sides are "up", they bend, and they keep my eyes safe from the sun! They're great!



We got to go to this awesome fall festival that Nana was in charge of! I got to dress up in this really cute ladybug costume.


It was okay for a while, but then it started to get really hot, so Mommy let me take it off.

We also went to this really pretty park where we got to go on a nature walk, and look around this really big house!


We did so much walking there that I took a little nap!


 
I also got to swim in my very own pool!

 

It was awesome! Nana even had this fun toy for me to play with in there. The pool was great, but what I really wanted to do was eat the water that was coming out of my toy!


I did manage to get a sip or two in, but don't tell Mommy!

I thought there was a lot of water in the pool, until we went to this place called the beach. There was a ton of water there! It was the biggest bathtub I've ever seen!!
I got to put my toes in the sand.


Daddy also let me put my feet in the water. I wasn't sure about it because the waves were kind of big. I didn't cry though. I just took it all in.


We also got to go out to eat and I was able to meet lots of Nana and Grandad's friends! Everyone thought I was really cute, and they all wanted to talk to me. I'm a little shy though, so I mostly just listened.
While I was there I turned 4 months old! Mommy says I'm a big girl now! I don't feel any different, but I must be getting bigger!



At the end of the week we finally had to come home. It was sad to leave, but I was glad to get back home to my normal routine.

The drive home was a lot better than the drive there, because I knew what to expect. We left really early in the morning, and I slept most of the morning. I didn't need to eat as often either because I was okay with the bottles. Mommy nursed me around dinner time though, so that was nice! I also had my new, cool shades so I didn't have to have the sun in my eyes! It made the whole trip a lot better!



I'm so glad Mommy and Daddy took me! And I'm so glad I got to spend the week with Nana and Grandad!  I've decided I like vacations, and I can't wait for our trip to Las Vegas in December. Grandma tells me there's lots to see and do, so I'm excited. Plus, I get to ride on a big airplane!

Thanks for letting me tell you all about my first vacation! Hopefully Mommy will let me write to you guys again soon!

1 comments:

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

Those sunglasses are the cutest things ever!!!