Friday, August 3

2 year checkup

Breanna's 24 month checkup was this last week.  At the risk of sounding proud, I'm going to brag on my daughter for a minute because I want all of this info in her "baby book"... The doctor was shocked and impressed with her knowledge of letters and numbers.  She knows all but 3 upper case and about half of the lower case.  She can count to 11 (though recently she does occasionally skip 5), has one-to-one correlation for her numbers up to 4 (meaning she will correctly count a set of 4 objects, more than that and she will recount ones she's already counted), and recognizes her numbers to 10.  She also knows her shapes and colors.  The doctor was also very impressed with her speech.  Within the last couple weeks Breanna's vocabulary has sky rocketed, and she is putting together quite long sentences.  I have to say her clear speech is the most common thing people will say to us after spending a short time with her.  We also hear a lot of "she is so smart!"  That has recently become a huge struggle not to feel prideful in hearing.  And, for my athletic husband, the doctor was also very impressed with her jumping ability.  Haha!  Apparently getting both feet off the ground to the height she does is more common closer to 3, lol!

Breanna's stats:
Weight: 24 pounds 13 ounces (25th %)
Height: 33.25 (75th %)

While I am proud of my daughter's accomplishments, I am just so thankful for a healthy, happy little girl!  We truly are blessed beyond belief!


0 comments: