Monday, April 18

First Zoo Trip

We are so lucky to live close to the Cincinnati Zoo!  With the weather getting warmer and the zoo offering 20% off memberships, I convinced Drew that this was a necessity for us this year.  We took our first trip to the zoo last Sunday.  The weather was perfect: 85 and sunny!  I am so glad we got to experience this first together!  Apparently everyone decided to take advantage of the first beautiful weekend day the same way we did!  When we got there Breanna was slightly overwhelmed with the mass amounts of people.  She didn't cry of get upset, but you could just tell by the look on her face that she didn't have a clue what was going on.  She started out in the stroller, but I ended up holding her most of the trip.  This was partly because she was more comfortable that way and partly because she was too short to see anything while sitting in the stroller.  She watched everything and everyone very closely!  I think I have permanent fingerprints on my neck and back from where she was gripping me so tight!  Some of the bigger animals in the more open spaces were hard for B to see, and didn't interest her that much.  She loved the animals that were in smaller cages or tanks, especially the ones that were moving.  The bearcat was by far her favorite.  It was pacing back and forth in it's cage and came right up to the glass several times.  B just squealed with delight as it passed by.  She also really liked the water animals.  She enjoyed watching the polar bear glide back and forth, as well as the penguins hopping in and out of the water.  There is an area where you can feed the birds nectar and/or seeds, and she was fascinated at watching the older kids do that!  She didn't want to get too close to them though.  I am so glad we got a membership!  I have a feeling we're going to spend a lot of time there this summer!  Here are a few pictures from our trip:

 With the rhino

 Ready to see some animals!

Watching the zebra

Enjoying our day

She loved the water

So fun

Checking out the seals

  What a fun day!

0 comments: