Since this blog becomes an extended baby book of sorts (meaning I have had actual bound books printed of these posts thanks to Blog2Print), I'm going to have to be "that mom" that posts a picture of her kid's first successful trip to the potty! Let me preface all of this by saying that no, we are not potty training. Breanna is beyond fascinated with the potty though. Anytime anyone is at our house and has to make a trip to the bathroom she announces to the rest of room where the person is going. She then stands in wait outside the bathroom door while telling everyone that they are in fact going "pee pee." Sorry to those visitors that have no privacy! I decided to go ahead and get her a potty and the child is beyond obsessed with it! I kid you not in saying that she would happily sit on her throne for hours just reading her books while intermittently telling me she is going pee pee. I actually decided that I would put the thing away if her interest didn't fade a little in the last few days because I didn't want to ever discourage her from using it, but spending so much time in the bathroom was killing me, haha! The annoying thing was that we had actually sat on that darn potty for several combined hours and never had an accidental pee to help her realize what it's really for.
Then finally, the last time her cousin was here, Breanna decided she needed to go potty when Amy mentioned the word before a diaper change. I went ahead and took her up (while cursing that stupid potty in my head) and sat her down. No more than 2 seconds after sitting down she did it! Yes, I know it was a total accident, but we celebrated like my sweet daughter had just done something amazing, haha! While Breanna is not using the potty in place of a diaper, she is also not sitting on it for hours on end anymore. That is something to celebrate in and of itself, haha! Here are our first potty pictures:
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment