Sunday, February 13

Before

As my husband and I put the Super Bowl on pause last week to go put Breanna to bed, I couldn't help but to think about all the ways life has changed since our sweet baby girl arrived.

Before I became a mom:
*I had never been pooped on, peed on, thrown up on.
*I didn't choose a meal at a restaurant based on the ease of being able to eat it with one hand and/or cold.
*I didn't realize how skilled I could be at doing things one handed.
*I swore up and down I wouldn't be that mom that didn't do things because it interfered with my child's bedtime.  (I am that mom sometimes.)
*I used the phrases, "my child will never _____" and "when I'm a parent, I will never ____" (Only 7 months in and I'm already eating my words!)
*I never defined the success of my day by the presence or absence of a shower.
*I never realized how truly blessed I was to have such amazing parents of my own.
*I may have given dirty looks to parents with a screaming/crying kid in a store and/or restaurant.
*I never cried and laughed at the same time.
*I never spent hours researching topics like breastfeeding, sleeping and napping, etc.
*I never truly appreciated my sleep.
*I never cared more about what I dressed someone else in than myself.
*I never knew what it felt like to love another so much it literally hurts sometimes. (The love of a spouse is truly a different kind of love.)


I love being a mom!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I LOVE this post and you! Can't wait to know that kind of love . . . don't worry, it's not coming any time soon :)

Christina said...

love the shower comment! haha!